September 17th 2014
|A bunch of grapes|
Course notes: Things to remember
- Mix colours first (1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow) (we used madder lake, ultramarine blue, lemon yellow)
- Spray paper with water
- Drop in blue & yellow - allow to run - make grape shapes with your fingers. Leave some white paper. Spray again if it dries too quickly
- Add reds and purples for background, think in diagonals. Draw dark stems with brush handle.
- Roughly draw grape shapes with water soluble coloured pencil
- Paint around the grape shapes smoothing out edges with a dry brush.
- Paint small diamond shapes between grapes to give form.
- Draw in leaf stems with rigger or water soluble crayon.