Basic tree with a round and a flat brush
|Using round brush||Using flat brush|
Course notes: Things to remember
- Draw your tree as a sketch click here for instructions
- Choose a large round brush for tree 1 (no.14/16)
- We started on dry paper but used paint with a lot of water
- Start with light green paint roughly in 3/4 shapes - don't forget to leave some white for "bird holes"
- Allow to dry a little but not completely
- Add darker greens on top
- Add trunks and branches through the white spaces.
- Now paint the tree again with a flat brush no. 8 is good - notice how the shapes are different.
- Use your brush at different angles otherwise your tree will be a lot of horizontal lines
- Use the same brush to paint the trunks and branches